Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Brioche Sticky Buns

Fall if my favourite time of year for baking.  I am itching to try new pumpkin, apple and pie recipes.  However there is only so much food that my family can consume without being detrimental to their health.  Lucky for me this week-end is Thanksgiving and two of my children's birthdays, a perfect excuse to have brunch and try the recipe for Pumpkin Pie Brioche Sticky Buns that I found on a blog a couple of weeks ago.  They were sticky, sweet, yummy and most importantly easy! The brioche recipe can be found here in another post.






Pumpkin Pie Brioche Sticky Buns
Ingredients
1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup cranberries
1/2 cup pecan pieces

Directions
Cream butter, sugars and salt for 2 minutes on high speed with paddle attachment. Add corn syrup and extract and cream until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Cover the bottom of jumbo muffin tins or baking dish with approximately 1/4" layer of mixture. Then sprinkle with chopped pecans and dried cranberries. On top of the cranberry pecan mixture put one lump of dough so that the muffin tin is approximately two thirds full. Cover the pan. I covered the pan and put it in the fridge overnight. In the morning I baked them at 350°F for about 20-25 minutes.I turned them out onto another pan after about 5 minutes and let the caramel glaze cover the turned out buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment