Thursday, October 21, 2010

Crispy Chocolate-Marshmallow Treats

Recently my son and I made a rat cake for our local fair. As part to the rat cake I made marshmallows from scratch because we needed a giant marshmallow to make the rats nose as a result I had a lot of leftover marshmallow needing to be used. Enter Martha Steward of her cookie of the day recipe. I saw these rice krispee treats and knew I had my answer. These were yummy and while I enjoyed the chocolate I think that I still prefer traditional rice krispee squares but if you really like chocolate these are for you!





Crispy Chocolate-Marshmallow Treats
Ingredients

Makes 16
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for pan
1 bag (10 1/2 ounces) mini marshmallows
1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa (spooned and leveled)
6 cups crisp rice cereal
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted

Directions
Butter an 8-inch square baking pan. Line bottom and two sides with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on both sides. Butter paper; set pan aside.
In a large saucepan, combine butter, marshmallows, and cocoa. Cook over medium, stirring frequently, until melted, about 6 minutes; stir in rice cereal. Press rice mixture into prepared pan; drizzle with melted chocolate. Let cool to room temperature; cut into 16 bars. (To store, keep in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 5 days.)


No comments:

Post a Comment