Monday, October 11, 2010

Baked Monterey Jack and Ham Omelet

I made this when I made the pancetta and cinnamon waffles for supper.  Again I knew that my kids liked waffles and they liked ham so I thought that this would be safe bet for supper.  This was supper easy and quick and we did not have any leftovers, always a good sign.  If I was ever hosting a brunch I would make this recipe again as it was quick and let stressful then making a whole bunch of individual omelets.  They only downside is that they cannot be personalized however the big plus side is that I do not have to spend a lot time cooking at the stove.


 Baked Monteray Jack and Ham Omelet
Original recipe here
Ingredients
Butter, for greasing baking dish
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1/2 pound cooked ham
8 large eggs
1/3 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 1/2 cups (4 ounces) grated Monterey jack cheese
Directions


Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly butter an 8 by 8-inch baking dish.
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper, to taste, until smooth, about 20 seconds. Add the red bell pepper, ham and 1 cup of Monterey jack cheese. Stir in the onion mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Cut the baked omelet into wedges and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment