Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spicy lentil and chorizo soup

Okay when I made this soup I did not realize how spicy it actually was having not used chorizo very often, but it was very spicy.  Fortunately my husband and I like spicy soup so we enjoyed it.  Unfortunately my kids do not like spicy food so they did not.  I you like things hot try it tonight.
Original recipe here


Spicy lentil and chorizo soup

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 x 150g chorizo sausages, sliced
½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1 cup (210g) lentils
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes*
1 liter chicken stock
1 cup frozen corn thawed
salt and freshly ground black pepper
crusty bread, to serve

Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil, onion, garlic, chorizo and chilli flakes and cook for 8–10 minutes or until the onion is tender and the chorizo is golden. Add the lentils, tomato, stock, salt and pepper, bring to the boil and cook for 30 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Serve with crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment