Thursday, March 17, 2011

Beef Stew

I needed an easy recipe that I could throw in the slow cooker and forget about because I had a very busy day and a long night ahead of me (I was going to be up all night at an all girls event) so I decided to make this stew.  I chose this recipe for two reasons, it only required a small amount of work from me in the morning and then I could leave it all day and with a little bit of work we could have it the next day as leftovers.   This stew was okay.  Even though it was easy it would not be my choice to make again.


Beef Stew 

Ingredients

  • 4 celery stalks, chopped
  • 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1-inch thick rounds
  • 4 red potatoes, chopped into large dice
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
  • 1 (1-pound) chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 (14.5-ounce) can less sodium beef broth
  • 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon hot sauce
  • Salt and fresh ground black pepper
  • Directions
In a 6-quart slow cooker combine the celery, carrots, potatoes, onions, thyme and beef. In a large bowl, stir together all the remaining ingredients and pour over the beef and vegetables in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve mashed potatoe buns.


No comments:

Post a Comment