Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pumpkin Dressing

I had my in laws over for my mother-in-laws birthday and I decided to make a roast chicken and this stuffing. The stuffing turned out fabulous! You would never guess that it had pumpkin in it. It was very moist and flavorful and best of all easy! This recipe is another keeper (and if you don't tell them it is pumpkin they will never know).  Unfortunately my chicken did not turn out as well.  I seem to have trouble getting my meat to cook when they comer over for supper and when my parents come over the meat is always done early.  I guess that I can't win!


Pumpkin Dressing

Ingredients

Dressing

  • 5 cups cubed day-old baguette or other crusty bread
  • 4 tablespoons chopped green onion
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée
  • 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
  • 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
  • 1 cup coarsely grated medium Cheddar Cheese
  • 1/2 cup lightly toasted pecan pieces, plus extra for sprinkling
  • 2 large eggs

Directions


  1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C) and grease an 8-inch square pan.
  2. Toss cubed bread, green onion and sage with melted butter in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk pumpkin and maple syrup. Whisk eggs into pumpkin mixture and pour over bread. Stir and let sit for 15 minutes to soak in. Stir in Cheddar Cheese and ½ cup pecans. Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes, until centre springs back when pressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment