Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spaghetti Pie

I decided to make this spaghetti pie last night for supper because I needed something portable to take to me sons' hockey practice (I have three kids who all have hockey on Wednesday night).   I thought this would be a great portable meal.  I was so excited about this pie and I was a little disappointed.  It did not turn out at all the way I was expecting it to.  First of all I did not use enough  oil and it stuck to the pan and then the taste left a little to be desired.  It probably has something to do with that substandard marinara sauce that I used.  Let me know if you have better results. 



Spaghetti Pie

Ingredients:
10 oz spaghetti
7 oz cheese
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
1 tbsp Parmesan
1 tbsp parsley
1 tsp basil
pepper
1 1/2 cups leftover marinara sauce from 30 minute spaghetti and meatballs
cayenne

Directions:

1.  Boil your spaghetti according to the instructions on your package. I like mine a little al dente, so I cook them for 7 to 8 minutes. Don’t forget to adequately salt the water!
2.  Grate or chop your cheese into small pieces. 
3.  Lightly oil your bundt pan, and sprinkle 2 tbsp breadcrumbs on the bottom.
4.  Break 4 eggs over a bowl. Use room temperature eggs.
5.  Add 1 tsp salt, 4 tbsp milk, a good pinch of cayenne, 1 tbsp Parmesan and 1 tsp dried basil (or oregano) and the marinara sauce to the eggs.

6.  Start whisking! Add the grated (or chopped) cheese to the egg mixture.
7.  Drain the pasta and rinse it with cold water.
8.  Simply combine the pasta and vegetables. Transfer them to the bundt pan and make sure you distribute the vegetables evenly.

9.  The trick is to turn on the oven after you’ve placed the bundt pan in the center of it. Don’t preheat your oven. Give the pie 30 minutes at 400F (200C). Let the pie cool off in the oven for about 15 to 30 minutes before taking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment