Saturday, November 20, 2010

Second Day Baked Stuffing Bites with Cranberry Sauce Pesto

I had lots of leftover stuffing from our flopped turkey the other day so when I saw this recipe I thought it was a perfect way to use up all the extra stuffing.  However I could not bring myself to fry the stuffing balls and instead chose to bake them in the oven.  They still had a crisp outer layer, they were just a bit better for you.  My husband did not really enjoy the pesto, although he is not a big cranberry fan, I thought I was quite tasty.



Ingredients
Leftover stuffing
2 eggs
2 teaspoons milk
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup cranberry sauce
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup walnuts

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut leftover stuffing into bite-sized cubes and set aside. In a small bowl whisk eggs and milk. Coat each stuffing bite with this egg wash, then dredge in the bread crumbs until fully coated and set aside. Place on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven until warmed through about 30 minutes.  In a food processor blend cranberry sauce, pepper and walnuts and set aside. Serve the bites alongside the pesto!

No comments:

Post a Comment