Thursday, November 4, 2010

Arugula Pesto Orzo

I had some leftover Arugula Pesto from my pumpkin pizza and mushrooms that I needed to use up so I decided to make this Arugula Pesto Orzo. I thought this dish was really yummy.  However only one out of three kids ate it.  I think it had something to do with the green colour.  That is very unfortunate for them though because it sure tasted good!


Arugula Orzo Pesto

2 cups orzo
Arugula Pesto
1 leek
2 cups of sliced mushrooms.
1.  Bring a pot of salted water to boil on the stove.  Add the orzo and cook al dante.
2.  Meanwhile preheat a frying pan with 1 TBSP on olive oil.  Once hot add the leeks.  After about three minutes add the mushrooms and cook until done.
3.  Drain the orzo reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.  Add the orzo to the pan with the mushrooms and leeks.  Add the pesto and stir to combine.  If needed add the pasta water.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment