Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hamburgers with Lemon-Honey Dressing and Warm Caesar Potatoe Salad

In the summer my family enjoys grilling.  As you probably noticed a lot of my recipes use the grill.  We also enjoy a good hamburger, so we have these once a week.  I find that everyone will eat them so they are usually a safe bet.  However in an attempt to have a different meal every night I vary the topping.  Today I made a Lemon-Honey mustard for the hamburgers.  I did not enjoy the mustard but I have included the recipe anyway, because you may like it.  I also had some left over pancetta and homemade caesar dressing in my fridge which resulted in an inspiration, warm potatoe salad with caesar dressing and pancetta.  My husband who is not a salad man said that it was really good and that he would like it again, however my kids said it was too spicey. ( I guess it is a good thing I did not give them the hot sauce last night!)  Here is the original recipe for the burgers.

 


Burgers
Ingredients
Lemon-Honey Mustard:
· 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
· 1 heaping tablespoon honey
· 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
· 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
· 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Burger:
· 1 1/2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
· Feta Cheese
· 4 buns
· Lemon-Honey Mustard

Directions
Mustard:
Whisk together all ingredients, in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours to allow flavors to meld.

Burgers:
Preheat the grill to high. Form the meat into 4 (8-ounce) burgers. Season the burgers on both sides with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill until cooked through. During the last minutes of cooking sprinkle a little feta on each burger. Put the burgers on the buns, drizzle with some of the mustard.

Caesar Ingredients
1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
1/4 cup (60 mL) 2% milk
2 teaspoons (10 mL) Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, finely minced
2 tablespoons (30 mL) lemon juice
dash Worschestershire sauce
1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
coarse salt and ground black pepper

    Combine the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Let sit for half and hour before serving, or pour over warm potatoes with crispy pancetta.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment